Happy Thanksgiving from CharmPosh.com ! We wish you and your family a wonderful very special day…
Create some fun at the kids table… SO quick and easy to do
This simple, popcorn-filled paper-bag turkey from One Charming Party crafter Sara Westbrook is a perfect centerpiece for a children’s Thanksgiving table. If the popcorn is buttered or cooked in oil, use plastic bags or wax paper to line the paper bags.
- Sheet of standard printer paper
- Fringe scissors (optional)
- Two small brown paper lunch bags
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Large brown paper shopping bag
- Plastic bags or wax paper for lining (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
- Fruit (optional)
- Corn-on-the-Cob Favor (optional)
1. To make the frills, cut a sheet of standard printer paper in half, lengthwise. Fold each half in half, lengthwise. Make small cuts with scissors or fringe scissors on folded edges to create loops.
2. To make the drumsticks, put your fist in each of the corners of a small paper bag and use your other flat hand to mold and round the edges. Fill bag 2/3 of the way to the top with popcorn. Gather the opening of the bag and twist tightly. Hot-glue the beginning of the length of frill and wrap it around the twisted part of the lunch bag; hot-glue the end of the frill to hold in place. Repeat to make a second drumstick.
3. For the turkey body, round the corners of a large paper shopping bag. Fill the bag with popcorn. Fold the sides of the bag in, and tuck the bottom edge under, using hot glue to secure the edge closed.
Tip: If you can’t find a large plain brown bag, carefully turn a printed bag inside out.
4. Use hot glue to attach drumsticks to sides of turkey body. Place on platter and garnish with parsley, fruit, and corn-on-the-cob favors, if desired.