The Location and Setting: The Terrace is the perfect backdrop for the hotel's skating rink season. Surrounded by Chicago's skyscrapers and twinkling lights, the rink is tucked into a pine tree winter wonderland and bathed in festive music. Skaters can enjoy the rink in a myriad of weather conditions, perched above Chicago's bustling Michigan Avenue.
Warming Winter Beverages and Snacks: The skating rink's outdoor menu features a selection of hot beverages and snacks including Hot Chocolate, Hot Cider, Gluhwein (a German warm spiced wine), Warm Pretzels and Warm Spiced Nuts.
Hours of Operation: The Peninsula Chicago's skating rink is open daily, beginning Friday, December 21, 2012, through Sunday, March 3, 2013, including holidays, based on availability (Note: the skating rink may be closed for private party bookings and prior commitments; it is recommended guests visit the hotel website at www.peninsula.com/chicago or call (1 312) 337 2888.)
- Monday – Thursday: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fees: Hotel guests, spa and dining patrons at Shanghai Terrace and The Lobby are invited to experience the skating rink during the same day as their visit. Patrons should present a receipt or room key to gain access. The below fees include use of skates. Personal skates are not permitted due to rink surface requirements. All monies collected will be donated to two Chicago children's charities.
- US$ 5 per child 12 years and under
- US$ 10 per adult
The Charities: All monies collected will be donated to two Chicago children's charities:
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital: A new, state-of-the-art facility recognized as one of the nation's best children's hospitals.
- Hephzibah Children's Association: Hephzibah was founded in 1897, and has been providing services for abused and neglected children since that time.
See you at the rink!