“Over the past 16 years, we’ve watched tons of children and adults discover the joy of reading through Harry Potter,” said Michael Strouse, General Manager of The Scholastic Store. “We’re excited to help share the magic of Harry Potter with new readers as they start their own journeys to Hogwarts. The Scholastic Store is thrilled to be working with The Pajama Program by donating Harry Potter books to join their mission to help kids in need.”
To bring the magic of Harry Potter to a new generation of young readers, The Scholastic Store will hold daily activities from 1p.m. – 4 p.m. every day, including:
- Creature Feature Sunday: We’ll feature a different animal from Harry’s world every Sunday.
- Muggle Mondays: Muggles (non-magical people) can try Hogwarts classes such as Divination and Potions.
- Trivia Tuesday: Put your Harry Potter knowledge to the test. Answer a trivia question in store to win a prize.
- Wizard-Craft Wednesdays: Kids can use their own creative magic and get crafty!
- Three Broomsticks Thursdays: Visiting Muggles can sample specialties from the Three Broomsticks.
- Fun Fact Fridays: Check our Facebook page for a new Fun Fact video from the Harry Potter team of Scholastic editors includingArthur A. Levine and Cheryl Klein!
- House Party Saturdays: Each week ends with a celebration in the style of each Hogwarts house (Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Gryffindor)!
*Special Harry Potter birthday at the Gryffindor House Party on Saturday, July 26 with crafts, games, costumed characters, and more!
On July 31st, members from The Pajama Program will visit The Store to celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday and receive their books. Details for daily events are available at facebook.com/ScholasticStore.
For more information about Scholastic, please visit the Scholastic media room at mediaroom.scholastic.com.