Five Kids Dieting Secrets For Building Healthy Habits #KidsDiets

Share the joy
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

It’s time to get very serious about kids diets and healthy eating habits. What kids eat has a direct impact on the development of their brain. The fastest way to help kids with dieting is to train their brains to like healthy foods right from the start. It’s a process, but if kids start with good healthy eating habits this will be all they know…..Encouraging a lifestyle of very healthy eating and smart dieting practices early. Kids diets should not start when a problem with weight and over eating happens.

The foods you feed your child, especially through age 3, have a direct impact on later brain development. A recent study conducted using data from almost 4,000 children demonstrated that 3-year-olds who were generally fed a diet high in fats, sugars and processed foods had significantly lower IQs when they turned 8 1/2. Correspondingly, children fed more nutrient-rich foods during their toddler years generally demonstrated higher IQ scores around the age of 8. If your child isn’t getting the nutrients he or she needs from natural foods, it seems to have a direct and significant effect on their intelligence later on. Even worse, it was suggested that an improvement in diet after age 3 may not be enough to increase IQ scores later on.

The average American diet is comprised of about 70 percent processed foods. That’s a whopping figure. That leaves only 30 percent of the diet for nutrient-rich produce—far too low of a number. Not only is this type of diet leading to rises in diabetes and obesity in adults and children, it is affecting children’s intelligence as well. The toddler years are paramount for brain health, and many kids aren’t getting their fair shot because of their parents’ poor dietary choices. With many parents opting for processed foods because of their cost-effectiveness, this is worrisome.

The most important factor is to build healthy habits when it comes to kids dieting secrets. These are five very simple approaches to take to help keep kids on track with healthy eating habits.

Five Kids Dieting Secrets

Kids Diets CharmPosh

1) Eat a variety of foods.

2) Balance the food they eat with physical activity.

3) Choose a diet with plenty of grains, fruits, and veggies.

4) Avoid foods with too much added sugar and foods high in salt.

5) Avoid large amounts of fast food, caffeine, juice, and soda

A little trick we use is to swap out “buzz-food words” with healthy foods. For example instead of french fries trade out apple fries and cucumber fries. Shockingly, cucumber fries are a real big hit with kids just by adding seasoning when baked or served up fresh from the garden…. Yum!

Feel free to add some of your best healthy kids recipes in the comments section!

cucumber fries CharmPosh Kids Diets

photo credit wealthofhealth.ca

Recommended Articles

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Get Notified@CharmPosh.com Best Trends!
%d bloggers like this: