When it comes to comfort food it might be a major shock to learn that PB&J actually beat out Mac and Cheese! Well it happened and now the PB&J (Peanut Butter & Jelly) sandwich is King of the afternoon snack.
A Smucker’s PB&J Survey, conducted by Toluna, reveals that PB&J sandwiches are a timeless classic. The survey found that one-third of surveyed Americans (30%) chose PB&J sandwiches as their favorite comfort food over mac and cheese (21%) and grilled cheese sandwiches (19%).
Comfort Food Wars
The Smucker’s PB&J Survey, which surveyed 2,000 Americans, found that each generation has a distinct reason for loving a PB&J sandwich:
- Nearly 50% of millennials say PB&J is their go-to lunch item, with 37% eating a PB&J sandwich more than two times per week.
- Nearly 60% of parents say it’s the easiest lunch and three out of 10 eat a PB&J sandwich themselves when making one for their child.
- 74% of grandparents love PB&J because it reminds them of their childhood.
Findings also revealed that PB&J is beloved for being great anytime, anywhere, making it an easy option when traveling. One-third of Americans agree that PB&J is the best travel food and nearly half of Americans surveyed agree that PB&J is the best travel food for kids.
Create your perfect PB&J sandwich using one of Smucker’s Fruit Spreads and JIF Peanut Butter.
About Smucker’s Fruit Spreads:
- Smucker’s Preserves are made with whole or large pieces of our high-quality fruit. Choose from a wide variety of scrumptious flavors, including classic Strawberry, Grape, Red Raspberry and Apricot.
- Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spread is made with real sugar and ingredients from natural sources, with no preservatives – it’s naturally delicious.
- Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads are made with fruit and naturally sweetened with honey. Savor the goodness of spreadable fruit in a range of flavors, from Strawberry to Blueberry Lemon.
Visit smuckers.com for PB&J tips and a full list of Smucker’s Fruit Spreads, additional product information and to findSmucker’s Fruit Spreads at a retailer near you.