The grand lodge architectural style of The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch exudes authentic Rocky Mountain luxury and captures the essence of the surrounding national forest. Consistently recognized as one of North America’s top hotels, the year-round destination resort in Colorado offers limitless outdoor adventure, Ritz Kids experiences, an array of dining options, and a “Rocky Mountain speakeasy” at Bachelors Lounge. The Bachelor Gulch Spa at The Ritz-Carlton is the ideal place to relax and rejuvenate. The soothing Forbes Four-Star, 21,000 square-foot spa and fitness center features 19 treatment rooms, a co-ed rock-lined grotto, an integrated wellness program, and both Pilates and yoga studios. Designed by world-renowned hospitality designer Tony Chi, Spago by Wolfgang Puck opened at the resort in late 2007 as the only Colorado outpost of his legendary Beverly Hills restaurant. All four-legged guests are welcomed to ‘Bachelor’s Pack’–helmed by the hotel’s resident canine ambassadors, Bachelor and Belle–with a host of premium services and amenities.
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch Ritz Kids Program
Great news for parents beginning November 19, 2015, for the signature Ritz Kids program offered exclusively this winter season. A dream come true for both kids and parents, The Ritz Kids program is led by knowledgeable and energetic childcare professionals, offering children ages 5 to 12 the ultimate vacation experience through activities centered on adventure, creativity, wellness, and the beautiful Rocky Mountain landscape. Ranging from the popular Ski Nanny program – a full day class designed to teach kids the basics of skiing while their parents hit the slopes – to daily themed interactive classes such as Wild West Day and Alpine Art Day, even the youngest of visitors can enjoy a winter getaway to this picturesque Alpine retreat.
In addition to the numerous activities provided by the Ritz Kids program, young travelers will also have direct access to the resort’s resident naturalist, Jackie Elder. A former certified park ranger, Jackie leads the kids on various outdoor explorations like snowshoe hikes and bird watching adventures.
New to the resort this year, Ritz Kids now offers the following Winter Activities Schedule for children to enjoy:
Sunday: Winter Sports and Games Day
- Morning: Kids start the day with a snowball contest, followed by hot cocoa and crafts.
- Afternoon: A snowshoe hike around the resort with a healthy and delicious snack back at the clubhouse.
- Evening: Kids have the chance to create a custom decorated t-shirt before competing in team challenges to see who will win gold in the Ritz Kids Olympics.
Monday: Wild West Day
- Morning: The day starts with decorating a one-of-a-kind western bandana before venturing outside like a homesteader to build a snow fort to sip hot cocoa in!
- Afternoon: Inspired by the resort’s architecture, kids build and paint adorable miniature log cabins to bring home. Once the hard work is done, they can relax with a sweet s’mores snack made with marshmallows roasted around the fire pit.
- Evening: Kids help pitch the tent for campout night where they can play games and end the night with a soak in the spa’s rock lined grotto hot tub.
Tuesday: Alpine Art Day
- Morning: Starting with a scavenger hunt leading to different works of art around the resort, kids use this inspiration to create their own masterpiece painting using a real canvas, easel and painter’s palette.
- Afternoon: Kids spend the afternoon sculpting a unique snow sculpture outside and a homemade clay creation they can take home as a souvenir.
- Evening: The day ends with creating custom paper hats and carnival games followed by cookie decorating.
Wednesday: Native American Culture Day
- Morning: Kids learn an ancient Native American skill as they travel on snowshoes around the resort followed by bead making.
- Afternoon: Kids gain inspiration by learning interesting Native American legends and stories before they transform a smooth river stone into a colorful masterpiece with colorful designs.
- Evening: Preparing for a night of sweet dreams, children can craft a one-of-a-kind dream catcher and enjoy a relaxing soak in the spa’s rock lined grotto hot tub.
Thursday: Treasures of the Rocky Mountains Day
- Morning: Kids can create their own treasure hunt map and clues in the Ritz Kids room to challenge friends and win fun prizes.
- Afternoon: During an exciting hands-on afternoon, kids can make their own colorful gemstones and homemade ice cream with all the favorite toppings!
- Evening: Kids partake in a treasure hunt through the resort and end the night decorating a wooden treasure chest to store their trove.
Friday: Winter Weather Day
- Morning: This educational morning teaches kids how snowflakes form and make beautiful crystal structures, followed by watercolor painting where they can make a beautiful picture inspired by the winter scenery.
- Afternoon: After experiencing the winter weather first-hand on a fun snowshoe walk, children come back to the resort and get cozy while enjoying a cup of cocoa and making a snowflake art project.
- Evening: Kids create a glimmering snow globe souvenir before warming up with a dip in the resort’s rock lined grotto hot tub.
Saturday: Amazing Animals Day
- Morning: Kids learn how animals and humans stay warm by working on a science experiment followed by an art project inspired by Colorado’s wildlife.
- Afternoon: By examining replica pelts and skulls, kids learn how animals survive winter in the mountains before sleuthing around the resort for signs animals have left behind on an animal evidence scavenger hunt.
- Evening: Starting with a game of charades and building an animal den made of marshmallows, kids can end the night gathered around the fire while making delicious S’mores.
Time and Prices of the Ritz Kids Program
- Ski Nanny: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. pm $85 per child
- Morning Half Day: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. $95 per child
- Afternoon Half Day: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. $95 per child
- Full Day: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. $140 per child
- Kids Night Out: 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. $115 per child
The Ski Nanny program at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch is available to children between the ages of 5 and 12 who are participating in full day Beaver Creek Group Ski School lessons. The program is designed to assist parents in transporting their children to Ski School on time in Beaver Creek Village, while allowing them to still make first tracks on the mountain. Before departing for Ritz Kids for a day on the slopes, kids can fuel up with breakfast snacks such as fresh fruit, yogurt and granola bars. In the afternoon, Ski Nanny picks up children from Ski School and brings them back to the hotel for an afternoon snack, allowing parents to get in every last run. Program drop offs and pickups take place in the Ritz Kids room located on the first floor of the resort.
Morning drop off is between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Afternoon pick up is between 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Ski Nanny is available at a cost of $85 per child.
Designed for children ages 5 to 12, Bachelor’s Lil’ Campout package brings the fun and excitement of a camping experience to the comfort of your guest room!
This in-room camping experience includes:
- 5’x 5′ teepee complete with Ritz-Carlton linens and featherbed
- Survivor kit including a lantern, head lamp and a s’mores kit that can be enjoyed by the whole family around the Fire Pit
- Stuffed ‘Bachelor’ dog and children’s book