These cute Jimu Robots for kids will help your child go STEM smart! This new line of STEM-friendly Jimu Robots are for both kids and teens. You can purchase the collection right now at Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target, Fry’s Electronics, and Amazon.com ahead of the busy holiday shopping season.
UBTECH Robotics, signed Jimu distribution deals placing its Buzzbot and Muttbot Kit, Explorer Kit and Inventor Kit with these select retailers. Additionally, UBTECH’s Meebot robot is available exclusively at Apple Stores.
Jimu Robots For Kids
UBTECH’s Jimu Robot is an interactive robotic building block system that lets kids easily Build, Program and Share their robot creations:
- Build your robot with directed play for specific, pre-designed robots and open-ended play to create whatever you can imagine.
- Program your robot’s movements with pre-set movements and controls to play with immediately, or easily program it with the Jimu Robot App to make it move however you like.
- Share your robot creations with Jimu’s online global community.
In addition to the Meebot Kit, UBTECH’s available line of Jimu Robot Kits include:
- Buzzbot and Muttbot Kit (MSRP $149.99) – Comes with everything needed to build the Buzzbot or Muttbot robots including six smooth motion robotic servo motors and 271 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
- Explorer Kit (MSRP $199.99) – Comes with everything needed to build five models including a baby, parrot, penguin, T-Rex, and walrus. The kit includes seven smooth motion robotic servo motors and 372 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
- Inventor Kit (MSRP $399.99) – Comes with everything needed to build six models including an elephant, giraffe, humanoid, mantis, rhino, and wolf. The kit includes sixteen smooth motion robotic servo motors and 675 snap-together interlocking parts and connectors.
All Jimu kits include a main control box and a lithium ion battery & adapter and feature:
- Interchangeable Parts – All Jimu Robot parts are interchangeable with other Jimu sets, so after building the official models, you can create your own inventions by mixing with parts from any other set.
- Servo Motors – The key to the Jimu Robots’ amazingly lifelike movements is the high-torque robotic servo motor, allowing for fluidity and stability when moving from one pose to another.
- Jimu Robot App – The free app provides easy-to-follow 3D-illustrated building instructions, pre-programmed actions, Pose-Record-Play and direct-servo programming, Blockly coding to sequence your actions, and an in-App “Joystick” remote to control your Jimu Robot in real time on your smart device. The app also serves as a portal to a closed online community of Jimu enthusiasts.
Jimu Robots were designed to enrich children’s lives and are appropriate for children over 8, and are especially strong for boys and girls 9-14. Jimu Robots were built from the ground up to specifically meet the needs of STEM curriculum:
- Science (physics, electronics)
- Technology (advanced motors, sensors)
- Engineering (building & creating, software-hardware interface)
- Math (geometry, balance and programming)